Welcome to few & Far Co!
Step by step guide
1. You send us your artworks (new or old)
1. Let us know what products you want (ie: fine art and/or digital prints)
2. If you want any special releases (limited editions)
3. If you want to sell any original artworks
4. Names of all artworks and pricing
2. We set up all of your products, webstore and print files
Once we have all of your information and everything is setup - we will send you a direct link to your collection and we are ready to launch!
You put the link on your socials and you are ready to launch, promote and sell your products!
We announce the news and launch from our side!
We receive, print and ship all your orders - and manage all of the customer service
We pay you 50% of the profits from every print sold, every fortnight
6. Rinse & Repeat
Every time you create new artwork (or find more old) you send them over and we get them online for you!
Everything you need to know
HOW TO SEND ARTWORK
1. You scan the artwork (highest quality as possible) and email it to us at email@example.com
Min recommended resolution: 300DPI
Min recommended size: 210mm x 297mm (11x8")
Scanning tips & specifications:
• Make sure scanner is clean and free of any dust to ensure a high quality scan.
• Scan with the resolution set to 600DPI in TIFF format for the highest possible quality and colour accuracy. PNG and JPEG also fine.
• Please name the file scan with the artwork name as this will make identifying and managing your artworks much easier. (Ie: ‘Tiger Rose-A3.TIFF')
Note: Without the original artwork to colour-match to, we can only print to the quality of the scan you provide. If we come across any issues we will let you know.
You can also send us the original artwork and we scan, colour-match and set this up for you. We strongly recommend that you choose a registered and insured service.
Our address: PO 348, Albany Creek, 4035 QLD
2. If you send the artwork, we can either send this back to you (for cost) or we can help you sell it online (See below for details)
Send the artwork file over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please name the file with the artwork name as this will make identifying and managing your artworks much easier.(Ie:‘Tiger Rose-A3.TIFF)
If we come across any issues we will let you know.
Fine Art Prints
All of our fine art(giclee) reproductions are printed on a museum grade, 100% cotton archival stock and using only genuine and lightfast inks - giving them not only an identical look and feel to the original artwork but also a 100 year guarantee.
320gsm Premium Textured Cotton Rag. This stock is the go-to for the tattoo community as the quality, consistency, price and similarities to the Arches 300gsm medium textured watercolour paper.
We can print 610mm (24”) wide x any length
All of our fine art prints are cut by hand and finished with a custom ‘Few & Far Studio’ blind emboss detail in the bottom right hand corner. This detail does not effect the artwork or print in anyway and authenticates the print.
Our digital prints are the perfect print for artists wanting to offer lower priced reproductions of their work - and the enthusiast on a budget. They are printed with the same file as our Fine Art (giclee) prints and look and feel like a great print to most, however they do not have the same colour brilliance, not printed on archival stock and don’t have the 100 year guarantee.
These are the perfect print for the enthusiast on a budget or the artist wanting to offer lower priced reproductions of their works.
220gsm Lightly Textured Card. This stock has a slight texture and sheen to it - which imitates the look and feel of watercolour paper and our superior Fine Art Giclee Prints.
Please note: Digital Prints require a 5mm white border around the print (see website for example). This border will not show on artworks that don't have full-print background or those with a white background.
WEBSTORE PRODUCT VARIANTS
As we offer both digital and fine art (giclee) print formats (and can do multiple sizes of each) in the webstore - your artwork (if standard size) can be setup with multiple variants under each single product.
• All standard size artworks can be setup in digital AND fine art (giclee) formats
• Custom sized artworks can only be fine art (giclee) formats
LIMITED EDITIONS *OPTIONAL
This is perfect for the artists that prefer to release their work in editions - or for those wanting to create some scarcity and urgency with products and collectors.
We have 2 types of Limited Editions:
1. Limited release. This is the standard ‘x amount’ in the edition
2. Timed release. This is a release where you have the print available for ‘x amount’ of time only.
How it works:
1. You let us know what you want (Including pricing)
2. We set it up in store
3. We launch the product
4. We share on Instagram & promote via our next email
Both editions work exactly the same way as our prints - with the exception of having additional unique/personal finishing touches (foil embossing, stamping your signature, hand numbering etc) for an additional cost. If you would like these, please let us know.
You are welcome to increase the prices for limited releases - just need to let us know during the setup process
Pricing is decided by each artist.
Below is our suggested RRP based off market research,‘industry standard’ and what we believe to be the sweet spot for earning as much as possible - without compromising sales.
A4 (11x8”) - $30 AUD
A3 (12x17”) - $40 AUD
Fine Art Prints
A4 (11x8”) - $45 AUD
A3 (12x17”) - $65 AUD
A2 (16x24”) - $100 AUD
A1 (23x33”) - $150 AUD
Custom Size - TBC
You are welcome to use these prices - or have them lower or higher.
Please note: Your final price will set the profit and your earnings
ONCE SEt uP
Once we have your products and collection setup - your artist tile feature on our ‘Artist’ page will go live and you will appear within the internal webstore artist directory.
We will let you know when we are ready to launch - and send you your direct link to your products and collection - and you are ready to start promoting and selling!
For tips, inspirations and some quicks wins we strongly suggest that you read over the below ‘MARKETING’ and ‘PRO TIPS’ sections below
• Make the announcement on Instagram with a dedicated post in our feed
• We will follow up with carousel post including all your artworks available
• Include you in our next ‘New Artist Alert’ email to our database
• We will post and share your products on social media going forward
HOW THE COMMISSION WORKS
We pay you 50% of the profit from every print sold, every fortnight via PayPal. Commission payments are processed on the 1st and 15th of every month.
If you do not have Paypal, please let us know and we can find an alternative payment method.
The 'profit' is what is left after the cost of the print and handling is taken out.
Ie: A3 Fine Art Print sells for $65. The product cost (all noted on www.fewandfarstudio.com) is $22.50+GST + $6.50 handling fee = $33.75 profit. Profit is 50/50 split with artist = $16.80 each.
Our split covers: webstore hosting costs, product set ups, test printing, artist liaison and management, social media and ongoing roles with things like marketing (emails and paid ads), customer service (including damages/returns) and service fee’s (Ie: Paypal).
ADDING NEW PRODUCTS
Now that we are setup and you know how it works, it will just get easier and faster with time.
All we require is an email with:
1. Artwork scans or notification of artwork sent via email
2. What products would like to release
3. Names and pricing of artworks
PROMOTION & MARKETING
It’s important to remember that promoting and selling products is ultimately each artists responsibility - and we are here to assist you and make your life easier in doing so.
The artists with the most success are generally those who remain active as possible on social media with promoting their products and ensuring they reaching all of their audience - and staying in front of them.
If you don’t promote, you will significantly reduce your potential
As know it can be hard to create content - we will always try our best to co-promote and share our artists and as many artworks as much as possible with our own content. This content will be great organic content for you to re-share.
Futhermore, as part of our agreement with you, we will:
• Run regular paid Facebook ads to help showcase our artists, artworks and our platform to try and get in front of as many people as possible, as regularly as possible.
• Release a minimum of 3 internal emails monthly to showcase, remind and inspire sales to our database.
In addition, we will also send out bi-monthly emails to our artist database with reminders and information on how to make the most out of our platform and services.
1. Put link in Bio
Something very simple - but effective. Adding your collection link will ensure you are always constantly (and organically) advertising without actually doing anything - and while you sleep.
2. Add @fewandfarco to Bio
Another quick win that works. Like the link in the bio, this will always be displayed on your Instagram for all of your traffic to see, discover or stumble over whilst browsing - and without you even posting.
We find that something simple like “Art/Prints/Merch available at @fewandfarco” works best as it’s very clear to everyone that see’s it.
3. Creating Content
We know it can be hard (and even uninspiring) to create posts without actually having the products - so here are some easy and quick wins to remember:
• Screenshot the product pics from the website to use as content for your story and feed. Each artwork will have framed, mocked and close-ups - giving you versatility
• Using product pics from the website to re-create your own content to mix it up and keep it fresh.
• Duplicating artworks to “create a pile” of prints.
• Re-mocking artworks onto different walls or backgrounds
• Re-sharing posts (from us or your supporters) is another quick and easy way to stay active.
• Take Inspiration from our feed and what other brands and/or artists are doing
4. Staying Active
There is no denying that the algorithm makes it harder than ever to be seen - so activity is key to being seen, staying in front of people, creating interest (or reminding people) with your products - and to be rewarded by Instagram.
Point blank, the more you post and promote - the more interest and sales you are likely to get.
I want to join but don’t have Paypal?
No worries, just let us know and we can work out an alternative payment method.
Can I still have my own webstore / sell with another company?
Ofcourse. We do not own your work. We are just trying to make your life easier and help you earn more money.
Who do I contact if I have a question or issue?
Eren, our dedicated artist liaison is always available via email (artists@fewandfarco) or via Whatsapp on +61 432 642 588
What If I’m Not Happy?
No hard feelings. If it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work for us. If this ever be the case, please let us know and we can remove you from our platform.
"I’ve been with Few and Far close to a decade now and I’m super happy with everything, really easy and transparent. Best quality on everything they do and saves me a lot of hassle to do it by myself. Get paid every fortnight and focus on the things that matters!"
"it’s quick and easy to use. High quality and professional. I always get my payments on time and I never have to think about any of the hard stuff like shipping and customer service."
"I love it cant cant recommend enough. I’ve worked with few and far for 7 or so years and never looked back. I can spend my time doing what I want and should be doing and they handle everything I don’t want and I get paid for it"
"I earn around $750-$1000 a month for artwork I designed years ago - and all I have to do is a few IG posts. And when I create new artwork, I just send it over and that’s it."